sunnuntai 25. syyskuuta 2011

Poem: Distractions!


Last night i realized something.
I was tossing and turning,
trying to calm myself down,
so i could get some sleep.

I wasn't particularily at unease,
but there's this constant stream
of static and information in my mind.
Of course i'm used to it by now,
but it bothers me at night sometimes.

You know. You're tired and all,
you know you'd have to be well rested in the morning,
but your mind is wandering,
distracting you from the situation at hand:
sleeping. How hard can it be?

What was i talking about again?

Last night i realized something.
But i can't recall what it was.
I got distracted again,
and my thoughts derailed, again.

Last night i realized something.
It's right on the tip of my tongue.
I can almost remember... wait.
No. I lost it again.
It was something profound and insightful.
That's for sure.

Great - now i got a headache.
Maybe i'm just going to get some aspirin,
stop this blabbering,
and do something usefull for a change.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti